Monday, March 16, 2009

The Playroom.

This is our wreck room...An enormous space that until a few weeks ago was inhabited by a 20-something brother in law. I guess a year of being woken at the crack of dawn by guitar hero and listening to the boys fight was enough for said brother in law and he moved out. Leaving us with a much needed playroom. Much needed for several reasons. The first being this insane winter that won't die and the second is the 4 children in one house scenario. Anyway... Saturday morning we awoke at the crack of 9 (lol) and attacked the playroom with paint! Naturally calm was the color of
choice, I am hoping it rubs off on them!

Several tools and silly pictures later we were painting up a storm! One hour it took us! Grand total for a room that is at least 250 square feet. I was excited. We let it dry overnight and began phase 2 the next day!



In his defense we did call Jon's guy friends to move the hide-a-bed, but couldn't find anyone. SO I convinced him to let me move it. After all I moved tons of furniture by myself before his time! This sofa was heavy!


I am trying to get it around the door!




Here we go relaxing and watching some Kung Fu Panda~...


After all the moving and painting and organizing, the boys are beat! This whole project only took 2 and a half days, including dry time! New record!




Organizing their toys into the toy buckets.









My mismatched shelves, the weather sucks for staining right now. It will have to wait.






Here is the other side of playroom land. Yes we have the wii and the video games here but my kids sweat and move when they play so they needed more room. Not to mention the amount of adults that come over to play! All of the furniture in this room, the toy buckets, and the rug were grabbed from around the house. I spent 26 dollars on paint and 7 dollars on fabric for the curtains I have not made yet. I wanted to have an adult friendly-kid space. Although we don't plan on using this as adult space I still like to know that at any point we could. We spent the evening watching the hockey game in complete silence! Such a nice feeling that we can spread out a little more in our house!

3 comments:

. said...

I was reading some of your earlier posts and wanted to mention that I had recently seen a report on a study done in New York schools where they removed all artificial flavor, colour, and perservatives from food and they noted a 14-16% increase in testing levels and focus. I think the fact that you are using food as a tool is great and I admire your dedication to your children.

steph said...

Thanks for that! I can see the difference, it is always nice to have science behind you!

. said...

I do enjoy science! Thanks for stopping by my blog, by the way... you are my first official commenter!